Friday, May 21, 2004

Strange but not a stranger.



Tonight, after seeing "Super Size Me" with Larry and David, we met their friend Steve for dinner at this "restaurant and video bar" called Red Chair.

Steve's loud. Louder than me. Louder than Red Chair.

Steve spent dinner talking loud about his plan for installing hardwood floors in his house. He spoke, as well, about whether Pat Boone was a homosexual and how much he loved "The Birdcage" and how it accurately portrayed U.S. politicians.

The restaurant plays techno-mixed music videos on giant screens. I myself can't eat there and carry on conversations with people. I feel like I have ADD when I eat there, for my attention is always darting to some gyrating person on a giant video screen.

Tonight's dinner conversation felt sorta inane anyway.

Since I had no input about Pat Boone's sexuality, I darted from the table when I saw my college friend Chandler walk by.

Chandler and I, to be honest, had an awkward chat. I told him about why my blog needed to be anonymous - to avoid my parents' scrutiny regarding my therapy issues. I should've told him instead about other things, like how I was in London visiting Miss Gibson last month and had a great time, but I spoke about old troubles that he didn't know about and honestly probably didn't care to ever hear about. I should've adopted my cool-as-hell London persona with Chandler, but I didn't. I felt scruffy and underdressed tonight. If I'd known we were going to a stand-and-pose establishment like Red Chair, I would've had Larry drop me at home so that I could've changed clothes.

But it was still nice to see Chandler.

No comments: