Thursday, May 13, 2004

"Glamour and glitter, fashion and fame."



A couple weeks ago, when I had money, I bought this new CD, and it's really good. It's by a Welsh artist who sounds a lot like Dido, except more upbeat.

In my store, we've put it on in-store play, as well. It's upbeat and fun to hear while you're working.

Of course, I still can't help but giggle everytime I read the artist's name.

Jem.

It reminds me of that '80s cartoon "Jem and the Holograms," where a girl named Jerrica found out that a computer program allowed her to transform into a pink-haired rock star named Jem and turned all of her girlfriends into a rock band.

Talking with Henry the music clerk last night, he told me that he had the same problem.

"Every time I look at that CD, I expect something on it to read 'TRULY OUTRAGEOUS!'" he said.

Then, overhearing us, Judson approached us. And we started - without prompting - to sing the "Jem and the Holograms" theme song.

No comments: