Friday, May 21, 2004

The big DAYS OF OUR LIVES twist.



The Serial Killer Marlena plot on DAYS OF OUR LIVES, which took on a shocking twist a couple months ago when they had Deidre Hall murder beloved show matriarch Alice Horton, will take on another bizarro twist next week.

It turns out that, even though the viewers and all the characters on the show saw some beloved characters bite the dust on screen, every single one of the 11 characters killed during this plot is REALLY ALIVE.

I mean, soaps have brought people back from the dead before, but this is just OFF THE WALL.

They're all alive and are trapped on an island that is, apparently, a desolate replica of their hometown of Salem.

Apparently, every one of the characters still "alive" in Salem are undergoing some sort of brainwashing or something. It sounds like THE MATRIX, if you ask me.

"Dying," apparently, is the way to escape the brainwashing. (We the viewers discovered this only after Marlena, the serial killer herself, "died" and then passed into this alternate reality or whatever it is.)

Now the "murdered" characters are trapped on the island, and no one knows how they got there. Or what the hell is going on.

Of course, I could be wrong. But something WEIRD is going on with that show.

I actually BOUGHT a copy of "Soap Opera Digest" yesterday - something I never do lest anyone actually catch me reading it - when I read on the cover that everyone's alive.

My friend Shannon, discovering this twist, told me that the whole thing's become a ridiculous roller coaster and that she doesn't enjoy having them toy with her emotions like this. After all, we've been watching people get killed since last September ... and now "Gotcha!"

Of course, it's just a show. And this is an interesting way of changing things.

So who knows what the hell is going on?

I'm gonna keep watching to find out.

No comments: