Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Jenipher's Trip to the DMV.

My friend Jenipher just sent me this e-mail about her trip to the DMV. I am relating it to you now, for it is interesting.

Nothing like this ever happens when I go to the DMV.

NOTE: Now that Jenipher's legal last name is "Resendez," notice how she's now peppering her conversations with fun phrases like "numero uno." Yesterday, she referred to herself as a "Latina," which I thought was funny since she really does look Scandinavian.

___

Yesterday I went to the DMV to renew my expired license and change my name. I had to stand in FIVE lines. In line #5, a weird guy started staring at me. I felt obligated to be nice. Here is our conversation in its entirety:

Weird Man (after staring at me for a few minutes): I don’t mean to stare, but you are very attractive.
Jenipher (looking uncomfortable and not making eye contact): Thank you.
WM: You must be Scandinavian.
J: No.
WM: Are you sure?
J: Yes.
WM: You look Scandinavian.

(Another awkward pause.)

WM: We have been blessed with beautiful weather.

And then it got exciting. Luckily I had my camera with me. Here is a photo I took of the incident. After the weirdo man (on the left) accosted me, Wolverine (right) stepped in and salvaged my honor. He wanted to ravish me then and there but I am married now, and had to pass. Though, technically, it would not have broken any bonds of marriage, as he is numero uno on my Top 5.


No comments: