Monday, January 30, 2006

The other guy who played Bo Brady.

I work at the bookstore with a woman named Jo. Someone told me Jo's son used to be on DAYS OF OUR LIVES. I thought maybe he was a bit player or something, so I asked her what her son's name was.

Her son was friggin' Robert Kelker-Kelly, the guy who played Bo Brady during the Bo & Carly and Bo & Billie years. Beyond that, he played two different characters on ANOTHER WORLD, one named Sam Fowler and another named Bobby Reno - who, it turned out, was suffering from amnesia and was really named Shane Roberts. He also played Stavros Cassadine on GENERAL HOSPITAL, a back-from-the-dead nemesis of Luke and Laura who awoke from a cryogenic sleep to stalk them, but the show got rid of his character by throwing him down a bottomless pit to fall for all eternity.

Apparently, after that, Robert Kelker-Kelly left soaps to become a commercial airline pilot. I asked Jo if he gets recognized a lot, but she told me that she didn't know. She said she'd pass along to him that I was a fan.

Here's a photo of him with Lisa Rinna, then of DAYS and now of VERONICA MARS and DANCING WITH THE STARS.

No comments: