Thursday, September 16, 2004

Let the river run.



For some reason, even though I've seen it a hundred times, I stayed up watching "Working Girl" on my old VHS copy. It was good, as it always is, but I thought I would be able to watch about five to 30 minutes of it and be done. But it wouldn't let me turn it off.

I think I should be concerned, but I don't know why. Maybe because I'm ashamed of liking a Melanie Griffith film. I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm ashamed of liking a movie where someone gets a life-changing haircut.

(Once, a friend of mine and I tried to name all the movies we could where a haircut factored into the plot, but there were too many to name.)

Confessing my viewing habit to Lupo, he admitted that he once liked that Carly Simon song in it. I don't get that song. I mean, I know it's supposedly inspirational and all, but what about WORKING GIRL suggests "a new Jerusalem?"

So then, I confessed to Lupo that the boyfriend who I dumped over BABE: PIG IN THE CITY once suggested that "our song" was "I Finally Found Someone," the duet by Bryan Adams and Barbra Streisand, and that he bought me that single, which I never opened EVER and gladly threw away upon our break-up.

No comments: