Thursday, September 02, 2004

The first time I've cried in ages.

What happened yesterday was weird. I don't know what my mood was or what my intent was, but I just needed to be by myself. So I went to a used bookstore in Duluth, thinking that I was buying books for Vic, and I ended up getting stuff both there and at the Pleasant Hill Barnes & Noble across the street.

I wanted to buy something deep and meaningful. I wanted to escape something, but I don't know exactly what. I ended up buying books both for Vic and for myself, including a book about football for myself.

I drove to the movies, but I couldn't figure out what movie I wanted to see, if I wanted to stay out late or if I just wanted a nice, quiet place to read.

I went to the grocery store, bought some pasta, some orange-flavored Listerine and some cereal. I came home, watched an episode of BOOMTOWN about child abuse. When it ended, I sobbed for 10 minutes. It was weird.

No comments: