Thursday, July 21, 2005

Visiting Zoe.

I went to visit Baby Zoe in the hospital yesterday and proceeded to tell her the story of how her parents met and such.

"You're the baby that exists in spite of me ...," I started. Then, I went on to tell her about how I told Kacoon that she probably wasn't Mike's type when I found out that she had a huge crush on him.

"I don't know if it would work," I think I told her, after I let it leak that he'd just broken up with his girlfriend. "I'm not sure you and he would get along."

Four months after that, they were married. And that was four years ago. Their anniversary is next week, I think.

Midway through my long story to the baby, Mike looked at his daughter and saw her yawn. He looked at me and said, "Wow, you're the first person she's ever gotten tired of."

Later, I tried to sing Zoe her first unconventional lullaby. I ended up doing a rendition of Billy Idol's "White Wedding" for the girl. Then I moved on to The Beatles' "When I'm 64," which Kacoon liked better.

No comments: