Sunday, August 22, 2004

Ambition.

I wish that writing books were, quite literally, my job. I wish that I could start writing a book about the time I dated that arsonist, and I wish that I could work it like it were a paced, 9-to-5 existence.

It'd probably get done really, really quick if I could just start it, write the middle and then write an ending. (Yes, I know exactly what I just said.)

Once I got through with that one, I might even be able to write another one.

I wish that it wasn't something that I was only something I was compelled to do in my free time, for I'd rather use my free time to do things like see movies, read other books and hang out with friends.

Poli Sci Guy, who works part-time at the bookstore while looking for other work, has managed to write a book and get agents interested in it. When he told me this, I was really proud of him. And I was really jealous.

I'm going to have to find a way to actually write my arsonist book. I think it might help me.

No comments: