Friday, November 16, 2007

And I am telling you ... an epilogue.

I worked again at the bookstore tonight, and my manager told me that the movie that woman named Jennifer Holliday ordered had come in. So he'd called her that afternoon.

So, a couple hours into my shift, Jennifer Holliday walked back into the section, and I said hello and immediately grabbed her DVD order without making too much fuss over it. I rang her up at the registers, asked her how she was doing. I told her I was happy her order came in so quickly. It was all very formal.

And when I put the DVD in the bag, Jennifer Holliday passed me a CD of THE BEST OF JENNIFER HOLLIDAY. And I said thank you. And she left.

And, with that, she removed all doubt and gave my anecdote a really great ending.

Written across the front of the CD case in silver marker was:

TO BENJI:

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!

LOVE AND BLESSINGS,

JENNIFER HOLLIDAY
2007


And, reading that, I did the thing where I jumped up and down, fell on the floor, kicked my legs like crazy, squealed and, yes, I even called my mom this time.

No comments: